Welcome to my blog. Here my idea is to learn things, teach them, show my experience gained in lots of years in the software industry, some techie, technology, science and I will talk about some personal things from time to time.
Even if the code here will be in lots of different languages, I will mostly show things in Python (specially Python 3). Why is that? Well… I am kind of fan of Python, but there are more reasons on why choosing or at least considering Python for development:
- It is easy to to create readable code: Python guides you to create clean and easy to read code while write the code.
- Coding speed: As it is very easy to write code, the speed on development is fast.
- Works almost everywhere: You write it in one machine/OS, it is highly probable that will run in other machines/OS.
- You want to do something? Python has the framework. With Python you can write code for the web (Django/Flask), create video games (PyGame), automate test (Selenium), even write mobile apps (Kivy).
- It is easy to learn: You can learn how to write code in Python in a couple of hours.
- There is a lot of jobs in Python.
Some people thinks that Python is kind of a toy and not a real language. Let me tell you that these people are wrong. Python is a serious thing and used in real life by top ranked companies, for example:
- Google: lots of things in the crawler and the earch engine are written in Python
- Dropbox: They started with Python, they keep using it.
- Red Hat: for the installer and configuration
- US Government (CIA).
- Spotify: well, let them explain how they use it
- And many, many more.
So, I am not telling you that oher languages are not as good as Python. Sometimes it is about how you like to code and which language fits you better and sometimes it is about what is best for what you are trying to do. For me, Python is great, ut I know lots of people that prefer Java, Ruby, C# and many more and they can give me great reasons to use them (well, someone at the office is teaching me Node.JS). The important thing at the end of the day is enjoy coding.